Wednesday, July 8, 2009

TWD - Tribute to Katherine Hepburn Brownies


I actually made these brownies twice. The first time I followed the recipe to the T with the exception of the nuts. I left them out because we have someone here who is allergic. The first batch...well, quite honestly we are not big fans of coffee flavoring in our chocolate. Chocolate? We love it. Coffee? We love that too. We just don't like it together.


Also, that first batch turned out rather runny. I'm not sure why. I know they were supposed to be rich and gooey, but this was just waaaay more gooey than anyone could have intended them.


So, I made a second batch. I made a few changes and made them in a more traditional way. I left out the coffee and the cinnamon and I used semi-sweet chocolate.

And you know what? They were wonderful. They were thin, ooey gooey and rich just like others have said.
Batch #1 - no so good
Batch #2 - Yum ~~~~~



Head on over to this week's host blog, Surviving Oz, if you want the recipe.


No comments: