Sunday, July 5, 2009

Yogurt Bundt Cake


This cake was so simple to make and it came together very quickly. If a cake batter could ever be described as pretty, this one was. Very smooth and almost glossy ~ more so than other cake batters. The yogurt makes the cake bake up like a pudding cake ~ very moist. The top comes out with just a hint of crunch. I think it would be good to bake it with a crumb topping. Maybe I'll try that out in the future. I also think cinnamon would be a good addition. There is no need for any icing or even powdered sugar on this one. It stands alone on it's own just fine.

I did substitute white sugar for the brown sugar because I wanted it to be a light cake. And it was. Also, I didn't bake as long as recommended. In my oven it was ready at 37 minutes. And I know I had the temperature right because I had my oven thermometer inside the oven keeping track. :-)

This recipe is a keeper.

Yogurt Bundt Cake

*******************

1/2 C. butter, softened

1 C. brown sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

1 egg

2 C. all purpose flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1 C. plain yogurt

Preheat oven to 375. Grease and flour a 9 inch bundt pan. Cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in egg till smooth. Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder; stir in the batter alternately with the yogurt. Spread batter in the pan. Bake for 50 minutes until knife comes out clean.

1 comment:

Tia said...

ooh good... i have some yogurt to use up so i'll try this.