Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Classic Banana Bundt Cake -- with a twist



This week's submission was pretty much a straight forward banana bundt cake. But since a friend had gifted me with a large bag of zucchini, I decided to use half zucchini and half bananas. This turned out to be perfect because while I like banana cakes and breads, I'm not too fond of an overly strong banana flavor. This cut the banana flavor a bit and made for one very moist cake. I used 2 cups total of banana/zucchini mixture.



There was no need for icing or glaze because it was so moist and had a good flavor all on it's own.



This week's host is Mary at the Food Librarian. She has the recipe posted on her blog if you want to give it a try. ~~~

2 comments:

Lori Ann said...

Half zucchini and half banana, genius! I love zucchini bread/muffins - I wonder if totally subbing with zucchini would work here? It looks fab!

TeaLady said...

What a great idea to add zucchini to the recipe.